Lawyer. HO THI TRAM (Vera)
Head of Litigation & Arbitration Practice Group
Ha Noi & Ho Chi Minh: +84 (0) 912 213 072
Before becoming a Partners of ADK & Co Vietnam Lawyers and head of the Firm's Litigation & Arbitration Practice, Lawyer Ho Thi Tram (Ms. Vera) spent over 12 years of practicing experience at leading law firms in Viet Nam, specializes in dispute settlement litigation on various disputes such as commercial dispute, labour dispute, civil dispute and commercial arbitration.
In addition, Ms. Tram has had several contributions to Saigon Economic Times Magazine, Vietnam Lawyer Journal, nguoiduatin.vn, tintuc.vn.
Ms. Tram is also being a licensed arbitrator and mediator at the Southern Trade Arbitration Centre (STAC).
Ms. Tram Ho engaged in representing or providing legal advices for some typical clients like Vietinbank, Deutsche Bank, Schenker Vietnam, PC Vietnam, URC Viet Nam Sika Vietnam, Focus Marketing, MNS, Sika Vietnam, Credit Management Group, Cedar Financial, Nam A Auto, Medilab, Deagu Bank, Yoshino Gypsum, etc.
- Representing, protecting the legitimate rights and interests of the clients in negotiation and litigation proceedings of domestic and international commercial disputes at all levels of Court and Arbitration;
- Providing the clients with legal opinion on business and commercial disputes;
- Representing domestic and foreign client in debt recovery in accordance with the laws;
- Advising, conducting the bankruptcy proceedings.
- Advising on resolving disputes related to inheritance and will;
- Assisting the clients in resolving disputes arising due to the division of properties upon divorce;
- Dealing with the disputes on compensation for damages of honor and dignity.
Labour and Employment
- Advising on resolving disputes of unilateral termination of labour contract and labour discipline in the form of dismissal; disputes over compensation for damages and allowances upon termination of labour contracts; participating in litigation at the Court to protect the legitimate rights and interest of the clients;
- Participating in settlement of labour disputes during the course of actions from negotiation, mediation and litigation;
- Updating labour law, provision of guidelines;
- Advising and implementing entry and exit procedures, termporary residence registration, obtaining work permits for expats working in Vietnam.
1. Reflection on ridesharing apps in Vietnam from Uber’s losses https://english.thesaigontimes.vn/reflection-on-ridesharing-apps-in-vietnam-from-ubers-losses/;
2. Dissolution does not mean release of legal responsibilities https://thesaigontimes.vn/giai-the-chua-han-thoat-duoc-trach-nhiem-phap-ly/;
3. Three “miserable” scenarios of enterprises and their employees https://thesaigontimes.vn/ba-kich-ban-cung-kho-cua-doanh-nghiep-va-nguoi-lao-dong/;
4. The inattention of protecting registration of intellectual property, foreign trademarks to be in troubles in Vietnam https://thesaigontimes.vn/lo-la-chuyen-dang-ky-bao-ho-nhan-hieu-nuoc-ngoai-cung-gap-kho-o-viet-nam-2/;
5. Vacation ownership – Can it be bought and returned? https://thesaigontimes.vn/so-huu-ky-nghi-duong-mua-roi-tra-lai-duoc-khong/;
6. Covid-19 is a fundamentally changed circumstance under the law? https://www.thesaigontimes.vn/302504/covid-19-la-hoan-canh-thay-doi-co-ban-theo-phap-luat.html;
7. School fees in the social distance period: To pay or not to pay? https://lsvn.vn/hoc-phi-trong-nhung-ngay-gian-cach-xa-hoi-thu-hay-khong-thu.html;
8. Jurisdiction to resolve the dispute of commercial contract when circumstances changed by Covid-19 https://lsvn.vn/tham-quyen-giai-quyet-tranh-chap-hop-dong-thuong-mai-khi-hoan-canh-thay-doi-boi-covid-19.html;
9. Uncertain rules, debt collection under “mafia” color https://www.thesaigontimes.vn/291574/luat-le-chung-chung-doi-no-dam-mau-sac-xa-hoi-den-no-ro.html;
10. Danang Taxi Association threaten to sue Grab: The dispute escalates a new level? https://xe.nguoiduatin.vn/515/taxi-da-nang-doa-kien-grab-cuoc-chien-taxi-len-nac-thang-moi-356240.html;
11. E-transaction Exchange: “intermediary” or “intermediate” và “delusion” https://www.thesaigontimes.vn/289101/san-giao-dich-dien-tu-trung-gian-hay-trung-va-gian-.html;
12. Obsessing over an outstanding debt…1 Dong, what should customers do? https://tintuc.vn/am-anh-nhung-mon-no-1-dong-khach-hang-phai-lam-gi-post795262;
13. Collecting debt at the end of the year https://www.thesaigontimes.vn/267969/doi-no-cuoi-nam.html; and
14. Other articles.
• Bachelor of Degree of Law from Hanoi University of Law – 2009;
• Lawyer Practicing Certificate - 2012;
• Master Degree of Commercial law from Hanoi University of Law - 2013;
• Lawyer Certificate - 2013;
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
• The Bar Association of Ho Chi Minh City – Member
• The Bar Federation of Vietnam – Member
• The Southern Trade Arbitration Centre (STAC) – Arbitrator